Jock itch can often be easily remedies with the following natural cures
- Licorice: Steep 4 teaspoons of licorice root powder in 1/2 a cup of hot water for 24 minutes. Let it cool and apply to the problem area. This is an ancient Asian remedy for jock itch.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: For this condition mix half and half water and apple cider vinegar. Apply to problem area. Japanese rice vinegar has also shown to be effective for this condition. Using the same mix of half and half. A great remedy for many forms of this condition.
- Herbal Remedy: This is often caused by a fungal condition. A great fungal remedy is to mix 2 parts echinacea with 1 part thyme. Take a teaspoon of this tincture mixed with a cup of water twice a day until the fungal condition is gone. For an external herbal remedy for jock itch, steep 1 teaspoon of dried thyme and 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger root in a cup of hot water for 21 minutes. Allow to cool. Using a cotton cloth or pad, dip into cup and apply to problem area.
- Lapacho: While less known in some circles, this tree bark is an effective antibacterial and antifungal herb that can be made as a tea for internal use and as a cream for external applications. There are some precautions if you are on certain medications so be sure to ask a health care professional before taking this powerful herb to be sure if there are any concerns.
- Garlic: This is the most studied herb on the planet and has been found both in clinical studies and with thousands of years of practical use to be a highly effective herbal antibacterial and antifungal among it`s many other uses. Try including one or two garlic cloves a day. You can include it in some food or you can grate or crush it and take with water. If you want to avoid bad breath you can do that by not chewing. But the oil inside the cloves is what is so beneficial so be sure to crush well or finely grate and then take with water. This will give you the health benefits without the bad breath. While this is a powerful remedy, garlic has always suffered from a love/hate relationship with man. Learning to use the herb with out the side effect of bad breath is one that takes some experimentation.
- Elderflower and Calendula Infusions: Many of you may know you can take calendula in ointment form, but you can also take as a tincture. Mix 7g of each of these tinctures with 3 cups (750ml) of water and drink over the course of a day. Do this each day until the jock itch clears.
- Tea tree oil: This highly effective herbal treatment is inexpensive and can often be purchased at your local Super Center as well as in your health food store. While it is inexpensive it is an excellent herbal treatment for jock itch. You can apply this neat, (meaning undiluted), but you should test on a small patch of skin first just to be sure there is no irritation. If there is, you can mix this in calendula ointment.
Always be safe by consulting a health care professional before using these or any natural remedies.